While the holiday is not as intricate as the retail version, there are still some activities to complete including trick or treating, apple bobbing, the Wickerman Festival, and acquiring buffs.
Table of Contents
- Hallow’s End Lore
- Hallow’s End Activities
Hallow’s End Lore
Hallow’s End is a significant holiday to the Forsaken Undead, as it celebrates the day they broke free of the Lich King’s control and regained their free will. The Forsaken celebrate this event by setting fire to a massive wicker statue right after a speech from the Forsaken leader, Lady Sylvanas Windrunner. After the Wickerman is burned away, the Forsaken then smear its ashes across their faces.
It is unclear why the Alliance (or even the other Horde races) celebrate the event during Classic WoW, but this could simply be so that both factions have a Halloween-themed in-game holiday. In the Cataclysm expansion, the festivities have been extended to the Gilneans, who also burn a wickerman to temper themselves against whatever the future may bring to them.
Hallow’s End Activities
Although events were not as varied as they are in retail WoW, Hallow’s End has a lot of things that can be done during the event!
Pumpkin Bag is a 16-slot bag that can drop from any level 50+ Undead mobs! These bags are not unique, so you can have as many as you like.
Trick or Treating
Once every hour, you can talk to any Innkeepers to be either trick or treated.
- If you are Tricked, you gain a costume:
- You can transform into a frog, human ghost, kitten, Mini-Diablo, skeleton or snake for a minute or two. These cannot be clicked off.
- You can also again a random Hallow’s End wand costume cast on yourself – Bat, Leper Gnome, Assassin, Pirate, Skeleton or Wisp for one hour. Some costumes stop you from casting spells or using abilities, but these can simply be clicked off if a nuisance.
- If you are lucky, you will receive a Treat Bag which can contain the following items:
Within inns you can also find apple bobbing games – Simply click on the apply bobbing pool to gain 5
Bobbing Apple for free. These apples restore health over 24 seconds, and if eaten for at least 10 seconds, grant a Stamina and Spirit buff to your character – You will receive Stamina and Spirit equivalent to 25% of your level.
Hallow’s End Orphan Treats Questline
You are able to embark on a fun questline that involves traveling to major cities and performing actions to get candy from innkeepers (or other characters) to give to an orphan. Each quest grants 100 Reputation to all of your faction’s major cities, as well as some
Hallow’s End Pumpkin Treat. You need level 10 to start this questline.
Alliance – Hallow’s End Treats for Jesper!
Jesper is located within the Stormwind Orphanage, at the Cathedral Square of Stormwind City. He will tell you to talk to NPCs in each major Alliance city:
- Flexing for Nougat – /flex for Innkeeper Allison in Stormwind;
- Chicken Clucking for a Mint – /chicken for Innkeeper Firebrew in Ironforge;
- Incoming Gumdrop – /train for Talvash del Kissel in Ironforge;
- Dancing for Marzipan – /dance for Innkeeper Saelienne in Darnassus.
After you gather all the NPC’s candies, simply return to Jesper to complete
Hallow’s End Treats for Jesper!!
Horde – Hallow’s End Treats for Spoops!
Spoops is located within the Orgrimmar Orphanage in the Valley of Honor in Orgrimmar. She will tell you to talk NPCs in each major Horde city:
- Flexing for Nougat – /flex for Innkeeper Gryshka in Orgrimmar;
- Incoming Gumdrop – /train for Kali Remik in Sen’jin Village in Durotar;
- Chicken Clucking for a Mint – /chicken for Innkeeper Norman in Undercity;
- Dancing for Marzipan – /dance for Innkeeper Pala in Thunder Bluff.
After you gather all the NPC’s candies, simply return to Spoops to complete
Hallow’s End Treats for Spoops!!
Styleen’s Sour Suckerpop,
Tigule and Foror’s Strawberry Ice Cream,
Moonbrook Riot Taffy and
After completing the orphan questline (
Hallow’s End Treats for Jesper!/
Hallow’s End Treats for Spoops!), they will also sell
Hallow’s End Pumpkin Treat.
Wickerman Festival Quests
The main reason for the Hallow’s End Holiday is the Wickerman Festival, the festivities hosted by the Forsaken celebrating their free will over the Lich King. There are a couple quests that can be done by both Alliance and Horde players! Horde players can pick up the quests with Darkcaller Yanka by the Wickerman Statue in Tirisfal Glades, and the Alliance by Sergeant Hartman in Southshore.
All Wickerman Festival quests grant some
Hallow’s End Pumpkin Treat as well as reputation with the major Alliance/Horde cities.
Horde players are able to pick up the quest
Stinking Up Southshore, which involves throwing stink bombs all over Southshore. Alliance players are tasked with cleaning said bombs in
The Power of Pine.
Assorted PvP Quests
Other PvP quests involve raiding either Southshore or the Wickerman Festival in Tirisfal Glades.
- Alliance Players need to venture into Tirisfal Glades to scout the Wickerman Festival in Crashing the Wickerman Festival.
- Horde players have the harder task here, needing to venture deep into Southshore to spoil brew kegs in the Southshore Inn in Rotten Eggs and Ruined Kegs.
Invocation of the Wickerman Buff
|In addition to the Wickerman Festival quests, players are able to get a strong buff from the Wickerman – Invocation of the Wickerman, which increases your Health Regen, Mana Regen and Stamina by 25% for two hours. To obtain this buff, you will need to interact with the Wickerman Festival NPCs in Tirisfal Glades, near the border to Silverpine Forest,|
Horde players are able to grab this buff by going to the Wickerman at any time between 8 pm and 6 am server time, and simply loot the Wickerman Ashes that will be on the ground around the Wickerman statue. If you’re actually by the Wickerman statue at 8 pm, you can see Sylvanas Windrunner burn it!
Alliance players can obtain this buff with a far more difficult task – They will need to pull one of the Wickerman Guardians guarding the Wickerman statue and kill them. They hit very hard and have around 10k hp, so bring friends! Once the guardian dies, they will let out Wickerman Guardian Embers on the floor, which can be looted to obtain the buff.